Cama Coffee

If you are a type of person who gets kick out of just smell of the coffee without a need to drink it then I highly recommend to go and stand within 100 feet radius of this cool little coffee joint called Cama. The smell of coffee is so strong and inviting that it does free marketing for its brand. You walk towards the smell and you will notice one or two very tiny wooden table with 2-3 tiny stool bars on the side walk by a big pillar. You will always find people sitting there, sipping on their coffee at any time of the day!
The shop behind is completely open and you will see a man grinding fresh coffee at edge of the coffee shop near the pavement, behind him are bunch of sacks of coffee neatly placed on the floor. Now that does explain the coffee smell in the area.
The other thing that you cannot miss is the loud music! They have an excellent music system and they are always playing great music that is perfect to pep you up while you are waiting in the line or waiting for your coffee once you order.
Going back to the décor, its simple, its warm, its catchy. Behind the coffee bean sacks on the wall is several shelfs with coffee makers, coffee mugs and coffee on sale. On the other side of the wall is a wooden shelf serving as a bar table with 3-4 small bar stools. The shelf is also stacked with lots of Taiwanese newspapers and magazines on one corner. Right in front of the shop is the main serving and cash counter which runs wall to wall but its small. If I forgot to mention, this shop is not more than 250 sqft in size )or smaller) where there are at least 6 young smiling baristas are standing at any given time and preparing coffee for you as fast as they can. There is a big menu of coffee right above the counter. They serve all basic types of coffee and tea at a very good price. What I always like to read is the Slimming tea on the menu but I have never tried it yet, smell of the coffee is so good that I cannot take my mind off from coffee and order tea. Once you place your order and pay, you are given a buzzer. When your drink is ready they will buzz you - nothing innovative but I find it very surprising of them to do this for such a tiny little shop.
Now here is the best part about this whole coffee experience. I always settle on the tiny stool inside the shop, pick up my favorite Taiwan Fashion magazine and flip the pages while I listen to some great music. I am always happy at this particular moment, tapping my feet, smelling coffee, watching people standing behind me in line and flipping fashion magazines of which I still do not understand a written word. I remember one time I was so lost in my moment that my buzzer kept ringing and I did not even notice it ( I blamed it on the nice loud music ;) ) Tiny little girl behind the counter gave up on me and somehow managed to walk out of the counter to hand over my cup of fresh cappuccino.

No comments:

Post a Comment